Sunday, September 2, 2012

O CANADA!

O Canada! I am so glad to visit you again!  This time, instead of running around like a crazy tourist, we are going to be relaxing on the beautiful shores of Lake Huron, in Bayfield.  http://www.villageofbayfield.com/
Trust me, this is a well deserved vacation.

I have visited the picturesque village of Bayfield many times, but never really stayed long enough to fully experience and absorb it's culture, food, art galleries, and most importantly the local people.  It struck me last time I was in Bayfield how dog friendly it was!  Of course, you know me, being such a dog lover, I thought my little Buddy would love to get to know you as well.

O Canada, you are so grand and beautiful and perfect for Buddy to enjoy his first vacation! Yes, Buddy can't wait for tomorrow, because he heard that there will be several other dogs staying at Deer Park Lodge.  http://deerparklodge.com/

"Mommy told me we will be taking lots of long walks on the beach, playing ball and swimming with other dogs.  Best of all, mommy says we might go hiking on the Bruce Peninsula! http://www.thebrucepeninsula.com/And, if I am good, she is going to take me in the Village for ice cream!"

O Canada, I know that there is a beautiful Inukshuk in Collingwood, Ontario, http://www.inukshukgallery.com/inukshuk.html on Giaorgian Bay, and I do hope to see it this time, if not, next time! You know, I have a little Inukshuk on my desk at work.  When I look at it, I think of its meaning, and every time, it makes me feel better.  I think of the Inuits that build these beautiful monuments, of their heritage, wisdom and their artistic ability. 


Well, I could sit here all day writing about all the things I would love to explore, but now, it's time I get busy and start packing.

A presto, or should I say CHEERS!




2 comments:

  1. Claudia - i LOVE inukshuks, but I didn't even know that was their name, so thanks for sharing! I have some stones in my garden that are stacked - I call them my "balance stones" and believe that they symbolize a balance in nature and spirit.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Deb - Yes - I believe these monuments have a spiritual meaning as Inuits built them to help people that were in the Canadian Artic find life and to tell them that they were "on the right path".

    The Significance of the Inuit Inukshuk:

    "The Inuit inukshuk has evolved into more than just stone markers. It has become a symbol of leadership, cooperation and the human spirit. Each stone of an inukshuk is a separate entity but was chosen for how well it fits together with other stones. The stones are secured through balance. Each one supports the one above it and is supported by the one below it. Together, the stones achieve strength through unity. This effect is applied to a philosophy for people where a group can achieve greater success with cooperation and team effort rather than individually. The inukshuk stands for the importance of friendship and reminds us of our dependence on one another." (http://www.freespiritgallery.ca/inukshuk.htm)

    ReplyDelete