Sunday, September 9, 2012

The Perfect Storm

Rainy, windy chilly morning and hello cooler weather, it's 16 degrees, don't worry it's Celsius not Farenheit (61).  The waves are the biggest I have ever seen!  A perfect morning to stay in and turn on the fireplace!  "I will make the coffee, could you go get fresh croissants?" I turn around and little Buddy is already snuggled up on the couch.  Within minutes, I look out at the lake and in the distance I see clearing.  "I knew it"  Usually the weather fronts in this area of Ontario move very fast. 

I am kicking myself, for not bringing my camera battery charger!  Yes, believe it or not, I left it at home and the battery is dead! The closest place where I can get one is in London and they want double the price for one. Ugh! "I am tempted to go and buy it, but then I refuse to pay that much." If there is one thing I don't like about Canada, it's their prices.  Everything cost more, except for water!! That is why a lot of Canadians cross the border all the time to do their groceries and shop in the U.S.!

A new set of visitors arrived last night, and most of them are Americans!  We met a couple from Kentucky, a couple from Michigan and there is a car with plates from Arkansas! 

Well, it's time for me to venture out and have some time for myself shopping in the Village. Au Revoir!
 After a huge down-pour that only lasted 10 minutes, lots of people started coming out and shop in the Village.  

Today really feels like a beautiful fall day, then, an hour later feels like summer again and back and forth! The colors are starting to change already and as I mentioned earlier I could just kick myself for not having my camera battery charger.





Puffy clouds, rain, sun and a very rough lake with high waves, this was the most perfect day to shoot some beautiful pictures! "Wait, have I said this already?"

As we walk on the beach toward the village we see that there are many kids trying to catch the waves on the surfing boards!   I never thought you could do that on a lake!

Buddy meets a doggy friend and they run and chase each other.  "Catch me if you can!" I can just hear little Buddy saying to the Golden Poodle.  Both ran back to us with a big smile on their faces and tongue hanging out.  I am sure Buddy was also thinking "Life is good!"

CHEERS!

No comments:

Post a Comment